TV reporter speaks about speech problem at Grammys (AP)

Friday, February 18, 2011 2:01 AM By dwi

LOS ANGELES – A TV communicator who irreligious into nonsensicality during a springy shot outside the Grammys said she was terrified when it happened and knew something was wrong as soon as she unsealed her mouth.

KCBS-TV communicator Serene Branson's incoherence Sunday fueled cyberspace reflection that she suffered an on-air stroke. But doctors at the University of California, Los Angeles where she went to intend a mentality construe and blood impact finished ruled it out. Doctors said she suffered a type of cephalalgia that can mimic symptoms of a stroke.

Branson told the station in an discourse weekday that she "started to intend a rattling bad headache" but acknowledged she was meet tired.

"At around 10 o'clock that night I was movement in the springy truck with my earth shaper and the artist and I was play to countenance at whatever of my notes," she said. "I started to think, the text on the page are blurry and I could attending that my thoughts were not forming the way they normally do."

"As soon as I unsealed my representative I knew something was wrong.," Branson said. "I was having trouble . remembering the articulate for Grammy," she said. "I knew what I desired to say but I didn't hit the text to say it."

The station apace revilement away, and she was examined by paramedics and recovered at home.

Most people with migraines don't hit some warning. But about 20 to 30 percent undergo sensations before or during a cephalalgia attack.

"A cephalalgia is not meet a headache. It's a complicated mentality event," said UCLA neurologist Dr. saint Charles, who examined Branson.

The most common sensations allow seeing flashes of reddened or move patterns. In Branson's case, she change numbness on the correct lateral of her grappling that strained her speech, physicist said.

"She was actually having the aching patch she was having these another symptoms," he said.

Branson told doctors she's had migraines since a child, but never suffered an episode same this before, physicist said.

Branson, a Los Angeles autochthonous and two-time Emmy nominee, worked at the CBS affiliate in Sacramento before joining KCBS. Prior to that, she was a communicator and fix at TV stations in Palm Springs and Santa Barbara.

A telephone communication left with KCBS was not immediately returned Thursday.


Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment